Thursday, January 26, 2012

Here we Go, Here we Go for one more turn ..

So it's been a stinking hot humid Australia Day here in Brisvegas and the sweat has been dripping off my brow which is why I haven't been in the sewing room as much as I wish. Well to tell the truth I'm having a little trouble getting enthusiastic finishing off the last 16 blocks for Aunt M's rose quilt.

After a week of slowly piecing together the first four blocks of my first batch of dark rose blocks, I've finally finished the middle of the block this afternoon.

It's looking good, which I'm happy about, however, it's taking forever to get together.

I'm hoping that I will be able to move faster on getting these together after tomorrow when I won't have a job to worry about until I can find another.

The weather isn't helping much neither being as it hasn't stopped raining for a few days and the humidity is in the high 80's which makes it hard to keep in the sewing room with a hot iron going all day. The trials of having patchwork for your hobby in Brisbane Queensland.

So, anyways, Happy Australia Day to all out there.

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment